Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Towards Paradise

                                                                          Inspired by: Paradise - ColdplayShe was mature but young.                                        When she was just a girlShe had her whole life.                                                She expected the worldBut life is too cruel and so                                   But it flew away from her reach soShe fell into an endless sleep.                                    She ran away in her sleepI hope she's in paradise because                               and dreamed of paradiseNow she only closes her eyes.                           Every time she closed her eyes.
Our lives go on and it hurts so much                          Life goes on, it gets so heavyBecause she was so innocent and fragile.               The wheel breaks the butterflyAnd now all we do is cry.                                             Every tear a waterfallAnd when I sleep, I dream of her flying.              In the night the stormy night she'llFlying like an angel, but flying away from us                       close her eyesTowards paradise.                                                In the night the stormy night                                                                                  away she'd fly.                                                                                                                                   And dream of paradise. 
"Paradise" by Coldplay has quickly become my favorite song nowadays. When it comes on the radio, my friends nudge me and say "Rafi's song is on." But, what they don't know is how much the lyrics mean to me. As you can tell, the words of my poem and the lyrics of the song kind of sync up. You can tell, line-by-line they're pretty similar. I love listening to this song, but I can't do it without thinking about a certain someone. When I hear this song, I'm guaranteed to remember her. 
I should be happy she's in heaven and although Coldplay's song has a happy theme, I can't hold back my sadness. I really can't. It reminds me too much of how young she was and how much she meant to me and the people close to me. It has just devastated all of us. I remember her family crying. I remember her friends crying. I remember myself crying. I think of the fun times we spent together. The smile on her face. But most of all, it makes me think that she can't really be gone. It tells me that deep down, I haven't fully accepted that she's gone.  And now, in my heart, this song will forever be "her" song. 

1 comment:

  1. This was really heartfelt--as I know this post came from deep inside. Not a day goes by that I don't think of Francesca. And this song always makes me think of her too. I love you, Rafi and I always feel comforted knowing that Fran would want us to be happy together. Thank you for this beautiful post. It means a lot to me... and I'm sure it would for Fran as well.

    ReplyDelete